The separation and extraction process of animal blood includes separation, purification and concentration, and these traditional processes have a low separation accuracy with high solvent consumption in the process and high concentration cost. The introduction of advanced membrane integration technology provides a reliable way of separation and purification, energy saving and consumption reduction, water saving and emission reduction, clean and environmental protection for blood deep processing.
The blood of pigs, cattle, sheep and other animals is the main by-product of the meat slaughter and processing industry, which contains rich protein, minerals, active peptides and other nutrients, so it is called "liquid meat". Plasma protein refers to the protein part in plasma, which is the general term for a variety of proteins. Plasma protein can be divided into several components such as albumin, globulin and fibrinogen. However, at present, the blood utilization level of livestock and other animals in China is very low, causing serious environmental pollution, which is in urgent need of development. If it is separated and dried, plasma protein powder can be obtained, which can be used as food or animal feed additives. It has the characteristics of high digestibility and better palatability than other protein sources such as skimmed milk powder and fish meal. The traditional plasma protein powder production process has disadvantages such as incomplete impurity removal, high ash content of product, large water content, high spray cost, and long-term thermal concentration that causes heat-sensitive protein inactivation, resulting in low yield and losing market competitiveness. The traditional blood production process only centrifuges the blood, but centrifugation can only remove most of the impurities, so that there are still some other macromolecular substances in the plasma, making the final product low in purity.
In this case, the application of membrane separation technology in the plasma protein concentration process can effectively solve the above problems.
The traditional process of plasma protein powder:
Original blood anticoagulation→centrifugal separation→low temperature storage of plasma raw materials→vacuum concentration→spray drying
Membrane concentration process:
Anticoagulation of original blood → centrifugal separation → low temperature storage of plasma raw materials → membrane concentration → spray drying
(1) The membrane concentration process is under room temperature. Under the same conditions, the energy consumption cost is only about 1/5 of the traditional concentration, which can greatly reduce the cost of the enterprise;
(2) Removal of some inorganic salts while concentrating and the reduction of ash content can effectively improve product quality;
(3) The use of cross-flow technology can solve the problem of membrane pollution and blockage well;
(4) Small area and long service life of the membrane can further reduce the production cost and investment of the enterprise;
(5) High degree of automation can reduce labor intensity and enterprise labor costs.
Membrane technology and equipment have been successfully applied in the plasma concentration process. It concentrates hemoglobin, removes small molecule impurities and ash, reduces the volume of spray drying, reduces energy consumption, improves production efficiency and product quality and brings considerable economic benefits to the enterprise. Combining the characteristics of plasma, Jiuwu Hi-tech has developed a membrane filtration process suitable for plasma concentration to achieve concentration dehydration and reduction of ash content, while effectively solving the problems of plasma coagulation, total protein loss, membrane cleaning and other membrane separation process problems caused by concentration.
(1) Purification: remove salt, ash and other impurities in plasma protein, increase protein content to more than 78%, and reduce ash content to 7-9%;
(2) Fractionation: Separate heme and protein peptides from the enzymatic hydrolysate of blood cells, so the product is graded;
(3) Concentration and energy saving: reduce energy consumption. The cost of membrane concentration is only 3-8 yuan per ton of water, and the cost of spray drying is 200-300 yuan per ton of water;
(4) Water resource utilization: Membrane concentrated dialysis water can be recycled and used to wash the tank and the ground to improve water resource utilization.