Reverse osmosis membrane technology (RO membrane technology) is a membrane separation and filtration technology that uses pressure difference as the driving force. Its pore size is as small as nanometers (1 nanometer = 10-9 meters). Under pressure, H2O molecules can pass through RO membranes, while inorganic salts in source water, Impurities such as heavy metal ions, organic matter, colloids, bacteria, and viruses cannot pass through the RO membrane, so that the permeable pure water and the impermeable concentrated water are strictly distinguished. The reverse osmosis device is mainly composed of a high-pressure pump, a reverse osmosis membrane and a control part. The high-pressure pump pressurizes the source water. Except for water molecules that can pass through the RO membrane, other substances in the water (minerals, organic matter, microorganisms, etc.) are almost all rejected by the membrane, which cannot pass through the RO membrane and be washed away by high-pressure concentrated water.
RO membrane technology is currently the most widely used desalination technology in the preparation of high-purity water. Its separation objects are organic compounds with a range of ions in the solution and molecular weights of several hundred. Reverse osmosis (RO), ultrafiltration (UF), and microporous membranes Both filtration (MF) and electrodialysis (ED) technologies are membrane separation technologies. As a leading ceramic membrane supplier in China, Jiuwu Hi-Tech has been focusing on the research and development of advanced ceramic membrane technology.
Features of RO membrane technology:
1. The desalination rate of reverse osmosis is high. The desalination rate of a single membrane can reach 99%. The desalination rate of a single-stage reverse osmosis system can generally be stable above 90%, and the desalination rate of a two-stage reverse osmosis system can generally be stable above 98%.
2. Because reverse osmosis can effectively remove microorganisms such as bacteria, organic matter, and inorganic substances such as metal elements, the quality of effluent water is better than other methods.
3. The operation cost and labor cost of pure water produced by reverse osmosis are low, reducing environmental pollution.
4. The RO membrane technology slows down the change of the produced water quality caused by the fluctuation of the source water quality, which is conducive to the stability of the water quality in the production, which has a positive effect on the stability of the quality of the pure water product.
5. It can greatly reduce the burden of subsequent processing equipment, thereby prolonging the service life of subsequent processing equipment.
In the past 30 years, reverse osmosis, electrodialysis, ultrafiltration and membrane filtration have entered into industrial applications and have developed rapidly. In semiconductors, integrated circuit manufacturing processes, food, and pharmaceutical industries, reverse osmosis membrane technology is usually used as a key in the preparation of high-purity water. Desalination and ultrafiltration are mostly used as post-treatment of water production systems, while membrane filtration is used for pre-treatment and post-treatment of water treatment to filter particles and bacteria.